We sure were excited to connect with James of Harley Farms Goat Dairy. When we read the quote "Real food on a real farm, in the extraordinarily tasty town of Pescadero" on their website, we immediately had to investigate to find out the 411. We uncovered that Harley Farms is a working dairy farm that was built in 1910. It sits on 12 acres of pastures and is home to over 200 alpine goats that roam around the property. Totes mah goats! (we couldn't resist). The farm is also home to a shop that sells handmade soaps, lotions and divine cheeses including: fromage blanc, feta and fun combos like the honey lavender chevre. Us reporters think that these would make fabulous favors for your guests.
Whatever floats your goat!: The hayloft at Harley Farms is a rustic and magical venue two miles inland from the Pacific Ocean. Inside the 104 year-old loft, an intimate, candlelit table and hand-carved high-back chairs await guests who will embark on a multi-course feast of seasonal foods, featuring Harley Farm’s award-winning cheeses. The farm offers seasonal dinner party menus that book up fast!
HOW WILL MY GUESTS GET HERE?: No matter what road or byway brings you to Harley Farms, the journey here is part of the magic. Majestic bluffs and gorgeous beaches of golden sand and pebbles pop up along every stretch of Pacific Highway One, or perhaps it’s a jaunt on wiggly forest roads graced by the aromas of coastal redwoods. When you arrive in the one-block long hamlet of Pescadero, you step into a tasty farming town. Harley Farms is located two miles inland from the stunning shores of the Pacific Ocean, a 20-minute drive south of Half Moon Bay. 45 miles south of San Francisco, 35 miles south of northwest of downtown San Jose.
The hayloft and terrace at Harley Farms overlooks nineteen acres of pasture, gardens of herbs and edible flowers and rolling hills graced with coastal oaks and mooing cows. As candlelight flickers on the rustic table, guests soak up these outdoor scenes through barn doors at both ends of the 104 year-old loft.
Harley Farms offers the most evocative event space imaginable. Climb the staircase to the hayloft for your birthday party. Gather your friends and family around the long fir table. Savor the tranquility on a weekday retreat with colleagues. Host an extraordinary private dinner for staff, clients or friends. Exchange vows and wedding rings against the pastoral, yet elegant barns and gardens. Perfect for bday bashes, anniversary dinners and bridal/baby shower luncheons or all-day corporate offsite retreats. Guests of Harley Farms Goat Dairy become one with the rhythm and hum of a working farm and experience the around-the-clock operations as they happen. Whether it’s watching the milking of the charming herd of “cheesemakers” or trying your own hand at adorning our fresh chevre with edible flowers, guests arrive to enjoy nibbles and drink in the garden, followed by an unforgettable tour of the farm. Then, it’s up to the hayloft for a one-of-a-kind meal.
The venue is a magical place to host small destination weddings and rehearsal dinners. Ceremonies take place in the “secret garden,” an enchanting nook of mossy oaks and willows, flanked by beds of flowers and fields of wildflowers. Harley Farms has the vibe of a romantically rustic dreamland - a woodland dell of mature oak and fairytale lichens, a hidden garden of roses, hydrangeas, bucolic bridge and winding paths. The folk-art furniture, full table service, candles, straw bales, wood fires and farm posies are yours. Your guests will devour a magnificent seasonal five-course wedding feast cooked in the farm kitchen
The hayloft table (once a fallen tree found in the neighboring creek) seats up to 22 guests comfortably. Additional seating can be added for up to 40 guests. All food is regionally sourced and prepared on site in the farm kitchen by the talented farm cook.
Looking for the perfect place to host a holiday party? Festive December on the Farm includes a local Christmas tree and boughs hung with carved wooden goats and fairy lights.
- baby shower
- birthday party
- bridal shower
- dinner party
- holiday party
- wedding ceremony
- wedding reception
Harley Farms has become a favorite stop for locals embarking on unforgettable Bay Area daytrips! Guests are encouraged to stroll the farm, nibble their way through the tasty Cheese Shop, or visit the Farm Shop, located in the large red-door barn at the east end of the property. Inside, shop for farm-made goat milk bath and body products and witness a gorgeous display of Harley FarmPaint, an all-natural, indoor and outdoor goat milk-based paint. Think of the Farm Shop as the only countryside paint showroom…in the country. Organized tours are available on weekends and some weekdays from February (baby goat season) through late November.
BELLS & WHISTLES: Harley Farms will greet your guests and guide them with farm art work and signage. They will serve champagne and nibbles in the pastures after the ceremony or event. The farm cook will prepare your wedding feast of local foods, served on farm pottery, including a romantic dessert. If you would like to bring a cake as well, they even have a cakestand you can use.
1. FARM INVITATION: Whether you are hosting a bridal/baby shower, a dinner party or wedding, set the tone with a letterpress fun farm invite. We particularly love the mustard, green and subdued blue palette by Gus & Ruby found via Oh So Beautiful Paper (Photo by Brea McDonald) 2. FAVORS FROM THE FARM!: The farm pottery is made by local artist Catherine Henry of Wild Woman Pottery. She uses coastal colors of deep and shallow water, farm fields and morning mists. Her pieces are embellished occasionally with the farm's name, or goats, or even muddy wellies, are lovely to handle and robust in your dishwasher. Each pot or plate is different and can be customized to your event color palette! 3. GOOD LUCK GOAT COCKTAIL NAPKINS: We love that this is not just any old farm venue, but an actual working goat farm. With over 200 alpine goats roaming around you must incorporate these cuties into your decor. These good luck goat napkins are the perfect accent to serve alongside the beer and champagne at your celebration.
- You can eat in a hayloft and dine on a fallen fir tree table!
- All the food served on the farm is made with seasonal produce by the farm chef.
- This venue is a working dairy farm with over 200 goats roaming around the pastures that the farm sits on.
- The backdrop to your event will be hills, gardens, pastures and barns.
- You can give your guests favors from the farm like handmade soaps, cheeses, and lotions.
- Wedding ceremonies take place in the “secret garden,” an enchanting nook of mossy oaks and willows, flanked by beds of flowers and fields of wildflowers
- The farm is located in a historic and quaint farming town. No matter what route your guests take to get here they will see glorious scenery from expansive ocean to towering redwoods.
Año Nuevo State Park is one of the largest mainland breeding colonies in the world for the northern elephant seal. A Natural Preserve has been established to protect the elephant seals along with many other animals such as otters, California sea lions, coyotes, cormorants, terns and more.(Photo via www.parks.ca.gov)
Pop into the famed Duarte’s Tavern that has been owned and operated by the same family for 4 generations. In 2003, the James Beard Foundation in New York awarded Duarte's an honorary award as an American Classic, only one of five restaurants in the United States to be honored. Duarte's is especially known for their artichoke soup, Ollalieberry pie and Bloody Mary’s. (photo via Duarte's Tavern Facebook page)
This historically quaint bakery has been in Pescadero for over 70 Years. Famous for their aromatic loafs of Garlic Herb and Artichoke Bread and specializing in country-style Italian artichoke breads, garlic breads, gourmet salsas, sauces, appetizers and marinades. They also have handcrafted wines straight from their family winery! You stop here to make a gift basket to leave in your guests rooms.
IMAGE GALLERY: PHOTO 1 - Alice Q Foodies Flickr // PHOTO 2, 3 - Claudine's Flickr Photo Stream // WEDDING PHOTOS ROWS 5- 8: BRENT VAN AUKEN PHOTOGRAPHY