This week on instagram was fun! If you haven't joined our insta-party we would love to see you there. Following is our instagram field notes so you can peek at everything from planners sharing their favorite venues (we call this Show & Tell) to our Restaurant Reports of hot private dining venues. From seaside villas on the cliffs of Bali to private islands, we invite you to grab your notepad and join us!
Clockwise from Top Left:
1. REPORTER RADAR | RUSHCUTTERS, Sydney, Australia. As we drift into Fall, aren't you craving a farm style harvest party ? The restaurant functions as a community & dining place, while also available for buyouts - there are also small boutique spaces ideal for intimate dinner parties & gatherings.
2. SHOW & TELL | WOODEND SANCTUARY, Chevy Chase, MD. Design dream team Type A Society & photographer Elisa Bricker reported "Yesterday's wedding was a dream. I'm still trying to live in it today & will be holding onto the moments forever". The 40-acre property dates back to a 1699 colonial land grant & was designed by architect John Russell Pope. Sweeping lawns, Greek-style porticos, Palladian windows & moldings are the backdrop to your event for 150 of your nearest.
3. RESTAURANT REPORT | ROW 34, Boston, MA. This century-old steel warehouse turned "workingman's oyster bar" & beer heaven is in one of Boston's best neighborhoods. 10 ft high wooden doors lead you to a private dining room with mason-jar encased trout illuminated under a wall of oyster sorters moonlighting as an art installation.
4. SHOW & TELL | JOSIAS RIVER FARM, Cape Neddick, ME. Photographer Cambria Grace reported "Dreamland. New England brides, this venue is a GEM". Towering willow trees abound with lights, ladders & hammocks. This classic 250-year-old Maine farm is set on 20 acres of forests, fields, gardens & an apple orchard. Host an event in the New England barn replete with a vintage carriage, restored wooden bar, Shaker -style chandeliers or the open field perfect for any size tent.
Clockwise from Top Left:
1. SHOW & TELL | VILLA BAYUH SABBHA, Bali, Indonesia. Photographer Jemma Keech snapped this photo of a recent wedding in Uluwatu, Bali. This exclusive private estate + 5-bedroom villa called “House of Breezes”, is set on the cliffs that overhang Bingin Beach & commands sweeping 180 degree views of the ocean & regions of Bali. Host an event, workshop, group getaway or retreat on the grassy lawn. Experience the intimacy of having exclusive use of this venue.
2. VENUE TOUR | HOTEL CORT, Mallorca, Spain. This new boutique hotel opened this past January. A dazzling white alabaster façade and blue-white Ikat tapstries combined with contemporary touches like in-room surfboards modernize this former bank building. Invite 90 of your favorites for a dinner party, wedding reception or simply grab your best pals and getaway for an unforgettable Spanish Island getaway. See you there.
3. SHOW & TELL | PHILBROOK MUSEUM, Tulsa, OK. At first glance you may think this is a scene from the countryside in France, but Joel Serrato Films is on location in Oklahoma & reports that this venue "used to be someone's home". This 72 room mansion "was a child of the Twenties. World War I was over. Women could vote. It was a time of flappers, rumble seats, prohibition, bootleggers and five-cent Cokes. More than that, in Tulsa the Twenties smelled of oil and resounded with money." Today it is a museum & venue for all to enjoy with multiple event spaces & onsite catering by the villa restaurant!
4. SHOW & TELL | RANCHO LAS LOMAS, Silverado, CA. Event planners LVL Weddings & Inviting Oc played 'Show & Tell' with us and shared their event set up for a recent wedding. This private resort & zoological garden venue is hidden away in the foothills & is home to tigers, zebras & exotic birds! With flexible indoor & outdoor locations, there are a variety of spaces to host dinner parties & weddings with botanical backdrops & roaming peacocks.
Clockwise from Top Left:
1. DREAM VENUE | FREGATE ISLAND | Seychelles. "A private island to yourself". Have the most spectacular of Shangri-La shindigs at this Seychelles private island. Rent the whole island (sigh) and go Swiss Family Robinson – or stay in one of the private pool residences or beautiful Banyan Hill Estate. Either way – with lush, exotic local fruits, extensive rum collection and onsite chapel, "marry"-making at this island has all the ingredients for a heavenly elixir. Also home to 2000 free-roaming Giant Aldabra Tortoises.
2. RESTAURANT REPORT | BAR SAJOR, Seattle, WA. This beautiful corner eatery is where European wines flow freely & artful plates abound. Whitewashed ceilings, exposed pipes, communal tables & white-brick ovens lend a cozy feel. The mezzanine private dining room is ideal for large groups, up to 20 while the patio is perfect for an up to 24 cocktail party. Full buyouts are also available if you're looking for something a little more private. Bottom line: we want to live here.
3. SHOW & TELL | CAROLYN'S SAKONETT VINEYARD, Little Compton, RI. Event producer Lauren Wells Events, set up this stunning tented dinner reception full of wood, sequins & giant funfetti cake for this weekends wedding. There are a couple of venues to choose from on the vineyard for private events - the barn, tasting room, the Seaview Vineyard, Meadow or Cafe. The vineyard is also open to the public for annual concert series, festivals & other fun events!
4. RESTAURANT REPORT | ROSE'S LUXURY, Washington, DC. "Evenings on our Private Roof Garden begin at 6:00pm for 8-10 guests nightly. It will feature a cocktail hour & hors d'oeuvres, followed by dishes from our dinner menu & a few specials just for you. We only do one seating a night so the Roof Garden is yours for the entire evening. Not to mention you have your own private server." This restaurant was named Bon Appetit's2014 Restaurant of the Year due to it's addictive, crunchy fried chicken & family-style hospitality. The rooftop is $125/pp but worth the splurge for a special occasion – anniversary, birthday or just to treat your special someones to a night to remember.
Want to play Show & Tell with us and give your favorite venues a shoutout? Simply tag us in a photo or use #wherewillyoucelebrate. We will feature a few per week! See you at the party.