MEET THE CORRESPONDENT
California’s pristine Central Coast has long been a destination for travelers looking to enjoy scenic views, delicious, farm-fresh fare and some of the country’s best wines. We have always believed the region’s rolling topography, gorgeous old woods and starlit night skies offer an ideal setting for friends and loved ones to come together in celebration. So imagine our delight when Devine Ranch began hosting events in early 2014, led by venue manager and seasoned event industry pro Katerina Devine.
This gorgeous estate is nestled in the Aptos hills, just a stone’s throw from the Santa Cruz coastline. Upon entering the property, you’ll discover 80 immaculate acres of farmland where horses and cattle roam freely. The beautifully-manicured open spaces are anchored by a stunning 7,000 square-foot rustic lodge and matching stables. Visitors are encouraged to meander through the property’s gardens, relax under the ancient oak trees, or wind down in the company of friends around one of the estate’s wood burning fireplaces. At Devine Ranch, everywhere you turn offers a beautiful vista just waiting to be enjoyed.
Devine Ranch can accommodate everything from an intimate dinner party to the grandest of gatherings in one of half a dozen unique locales on the property. Kat and her team pride themselves on exceptional service and superior attention to detail in order to create a luxurious experience for you and your guests. Because the estate offers so many beautiful blank canvases, you’ll have the creative freedom to design an event that’s uniquely you, with access to some of the best-known vendors in the business.
Looking to host a small dinner party, cocktail reception or rehearsal dinner? The outdoor areas of the timber-frame estate and the nearby (and might we add, immaculate) equestrian stables are both ideal spaces for such occasions. The garden offers a picturesque setting for a lunchtime soirée to celebrate a bride or mama to-be. And if you’ve always dreamed of a rustic wedding, the ambiance at Devine Ranch couldn’t be more perfect. The property’s redwood grove site provides a gorgeous backdrop to say your “I dos.” Or perhaps you’d prefer to commit yourselves to one another in the open pasture space surrounded by 360-degree views of breathtaking landscape. Then lead your guests to a reception on the great lawn where you can dance the night away under a beautifully draped tent or the simple majesty of the starry sky.
Wedding parties have the exclusive use of the estate’s interior rooms to prepare for their big day, as well as time the day before the wedding to rehearse. If you choose Devine Ranch as the setting for your nuptials, or any event for that matter, be prepared to bring the party with you. Everything from catering to seating to restroom facilities are the responsibility of the host, and an event coordinator is required to ensure your day runs smoothly. Of course the Devine Ranch team is eager to offer its expert guidance to help design your dream day.
- Anniversary / Engagement Party
- birthday party
- bridal shower
- corporate event
- dinner party
- wedding ceremony
- wedding reception
- Devine Ranch has curated a collection of vintage accessories that brides are allowed to use in styling their weddings.
- For a unique photography opportunity, you can hire the Ranch’s golden horse, Norman. Consider him for your engagement session or a post-wedding “trash the dress” styled shoot.
- Pleasant Valley boasts several nearby wineries, four-star hotels, and sophisticated dining options to help your guests make the most of their time in the days before and after your event.
1. Setting The Table – Using subtle hues and gorgeous patterns these designers brought together a little femininity to pair with the masculine exterior of this gorgeous estate | 2. Show Your Work – this bare cake not only contrasts beautifully with the pristine settings, but it incorporates a rustic charm to the table setting | 3. Use Calligraphy - Set the stage for the big day with gorgeous and elegantly written paper crafts |Event Design: Danae Grace Events |Floral Design: Krista Jon For Archive | Cake: Just Cake | Invitations: Laura Hooper Calligraphy | Accessories: Untamed Petals | Linens: Napa Valley Linens | Rentals: Archive Rentals
- The best months to host your outdoor event are in September or October, when the weather is mild all day and into the evening. Want a summer wedding? Don’t worry! Because Devine Ranch is located in a valley, it seldom experiences extreme temperatures, so you will likely still enjoy great weather.
- The venue offers an extensive list of preferred vendors for your event, but if you have someone else in mind, be sure they go through approval before you book. This typically includes a venue visit and providing proof of insurance.
- Shuttle service to and from the event is required for all guests, so it may be wise to choose just one or two nearby hotels for room blocks to make that process simple.
- Expansive property, multiple event spaces
- Only equestrian ranch of its kind in the area
- Luxurious rustic setting
- Variety of high-end preferred vendors
- Discounts through Archive Rentals
- Bridal suite and groom’s quarters on-site
- Rehearsal time included in wedding packages
- Venue hosts just one event per weekend to ensure highest level of service
Just a quick jaunt down the road from Devine Ranch, you’ll find Nicholson Vineyards Winery. A great spot for tasting before you head to the main event. Their Old Vine Zin is not to be missed! | Nicholson Vineyards Winery
Just 30 minutes away, this tourist destination is a must-see and a great place for your guests to lay their heads after a night of celebration. It was named the #2 Best Small City in the U.S. by Condé Nast Traveler in 2014 for its epicurean delights, chic boutique hotels and spas, and beautiful ambience | Carmel By The Sea
If you plan to get to Devine Ranch via SFO, tack on a few days at the beginning or end of your visit to explore the sights and sounds of this vibrant city. Spend time with the seals at Fisherman’s Wharf, marvel at the unique architecture of the Painted Ladies in Alamo Square, and feast at any number of high-end restaurants.
Photography: Mike Larson | Event Design: Danae Grace Events | Floral Design: Krista Jon For Archive | Wedding Dress: Maggie Sottero | Wedding Dress: Amy Kuschel | Cake: Just Cake | Invitations: Laura Hooper Calligraphy | Accessories: Untamed Petals
| Coordination: Danae Grace Events | Linens: Napa Valley Linens | Makeup & Hair: Skyla Arts | Rentals: Archive Rentals