Hidden Vineyard Wedding Barn, Snyder Road, Berrien Springs, MI, United States
Who's ready for a good ol' barn party?! Our reporters are thawing out from our winter hibernation because Spring hath arrived. We are ready to throw on our dancing boots and host one heck of a jubilee. We have all agreed that Hidden Vineyard Wedding Barn would be the perfect venue setting for this spring soiree of our dreams. This new stunner, set on pastoral crop fields, a 10-acre vineyard, a pond, and forested vistas just opened in late 2013.
Hidden Vineyard Wedding Barn is a true working farm in Southwestern Michigan. The foundations of the barn were first laid in the late 1870s, making it one of the longest continually operating farms in the region. There is a large Catalpa tree near the barn that is the second largest Catalpa tree in Michigan and makes for a wonderful outdoor ceremony site. The old barn hosts lovely receptions and has a large covered deck that overlooks the vineyard. The serene farm property is only available for wedding celebrations and is best suited for smaller to mid-sized events.
HOW WILL MY GUESTS GET HERE?: The Hidden Vineyard property is located about 90 minutes from Chicago and only 30 minutes from South Bend, IN. Guests can fly into Chicago and rent a car for a beautiful drive along Lake Michigan or fly South Bend regional airport, which is only a 30 minute drive.
The elegant restored barn and attached covered deck overlook the 10 acre vineyard, 1-acre pond, crop fields, and a native wildflower meadow. The venue is best suited for small to mid-sized weddings in the warmer months of summer and early fall.
Capacity. The venue capacity varies depending on the season: in the cooler months of May - October maximum capacity inside of the barn is 150 guests. This enclosed reception area is 2,232 square feet along with two sets of handicap accessible restrooms, a catering prep area, a large air-conditioned, heated bridal suite and a groom’s prep room. The use of the attached covered deck in the warmer summer months of June-September allows a capacity of up to 200 guests. This recent deck addition adds an additional 1,111 square feet of entertaining space. The Large double barn doors open to unite the reception area and deck, allowing guests to take in the expansive view of the beautiful vineyard, pond, native wildflower meadow, and forested vistas.
What will my guests eat? The venue does not cater or offer bartending services but will provide a list of pre-approved caterers/bartenders that do an excellent job of working at the barn. Outside caterers are welcome as long as they are pre-approved in advance. Must know info: The venue does not allow shots to be served, no cash bars or BYOB are allowed.
Photos Rows 1-5: Woodnote Photography; Row 6: via Hidden Vineyard
- wedding ceremony
- wedding reception
Flexibility! The beautiful working farm property offers several distinct areas that can be used for ceremonies depending on your preferences. Ceremonies can be held in the old barn, on the on large covered deck overlooking the vineyard, near the pond, or under the majestic Catalpa tree. For really small events you can even opt to set up dining tables in the vineyard!
This is not just another pretty venue, the working farm produces concord grapes, soybeans, honey and maple syrup. The location isn't too shabby either. The venue is in Michigan’s wine country which means lots of wine tasting options nearby!
We love that the farm produces honey and maple syrup and think it would be quite fun to have a nod to both of these sugary sweet delights.
1. A nod to the ceremony tree: We are quite enamored with the Catalpa tree near the barn. It is the second largest Catalpa tree in Michigan, and is used for the ceremony backdrops at the venue. Sending a letterpress invitation with a nod to this ceremony tree would perfectly set the tone of the day to come. Invites by Spoon and Sailor. 2. Maple Syrup Squares: Again, we are fond of the fact the venue produces maple syrup, so in lieu of cake serve homemade maple syrup walnut squares. This delicious treat should be served right out of the pan it's made in for a rustic and homey touch. Recipe here. 3. Honey Wedding Favors. Guest will delight in the fact the working farm venue produces honey. Give them these delicious treats at each places setting. Photo by: Maria Mack
- You can wed with the Catalpa tree as your backdrop near the barn. The second largest Catalpa tree in Michigan!
- This is a new venue that just opened late 2013.
- The barn has just been restored and a new deck has been built so there are many venue options.
- For smaller events you can have dinner in the vineyard
- The venue is a working farm that produces grapes, soybeans, honey, and maple syrup
- Views of 10 acre vineyard, 1-acre pond, crop fields, and a native wildflower meadow.
- There is a bridal suite and grooms area
- The venue has tables, chairs, buffet tables, cake table, gift table, cocktail table, a vintage chandelier and other rentals available for your use!
- You can set up a croquet area on the lawn
Stop by Stovers Farm and the big red barn to buy fresh fruits, vegetables, pure cane sugar, butters, dressings, dried fruit, honey, jams, maple syrup, pickles, salsas, and specialty products. You can also schedule an appointment to pick your own fruit! (visit: stoversupic.com)
Gather your group and call to schedule a picnic with boxed lunches and a tasting of Wine, Spirits & Beer! Where else can you sample all three? You will be able to customize your own tasting experience based on your preferences with help from the knowledgeable staff. (visit: roundbarnwinery.com)
The venue is located 25 minutes south of St. Joseph, MI which has famous fine-sand beaches,a world-class golf course that overlooks Lake Michigan, shopping, & great
restaurants. Recognized as one of the "Top Ten Beaches in the US" by Parents Magazine. (Visit: sjcity.com)