Senior Brand Marketing Manager
This position requires you to be in our super fun San Diego office M-F.
The Venue Report, a digital media and e-commerce start-up out of Carlsbad, California, connects people to event spaces and group accommodations using a content marketing strategy. The Senior Brand Marketing Manager will have a unique and exciting opportunity to join an innovative start up and help shape the future and vision of our organization, with large growth opportunities as the company scales.
We are currently seeking a creative, analytical and results-driven Senior Brand Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team. Focused on ensuring our sales team, content team & fulfillment team have the tools to deliver consistently amazing experiences to our customers and end users, this role will help to build emotional, rather than just functional, relationships with the brand.
This individual will help us effectively drive new customer acquisition, increase frequency of engagement and conversion, and increase long term loyalty from our existing venue members and end users through a blend of paid content pieces along with unpaid strategic content. You have an inquisitive and analytical mind and will interpret data and identify the opportunities to grow and scale our user base and company.
- Develop creative strategy based on in-depth understanding of The Venue Report’s target consumer and business needs using insights and data
- Lead, plan and execute on aggressive but attainable growth strategies for The Venue Report brand across our website, social channels and additional marketing efforts, while retaining the integrity of our brand voice
- Cross-functional leadership: Project manage creative campaigns by coordinating with multiple departments including sales, editorial and operations teams, and leading team members to deliver on time with excellence.
- Conduct post-campaign analysis to identify and recommend opportunities to enhance current and future marketing initiatives
- Develop production schedules and manage team to meet deadlines
- Proactively identify unique partnerships and product development opportunities
- Build an SEO-oriented strategy for editorial content: Work with SEO and larger growth team to analyze metrics and provide ongoing reports related to search traffic and keyword performance
- 6+ years experience in marketing and/or creative strategy (previous experience in travel, hospitality or media a HUGE plus)
- Proven track record of managing digital advocacy, creating digital communities and gaining loyalty through social media.
- A robust understanding of multi-channel content, consumption and distribution, to inform our channel mix for marketing strategies.
- Extensive experience developing production schedules, juggling multiple projects and managing teams to meet deadlines
- Expert knowledge of digital media trends and emerging platforms
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in strategy development and ROI analysis
- Experience with Google analytics, social tracking and other relevant metric tools
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment where ideas are adapted daily
- Ability to be both a self-starter and team player; strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Copywriting/proofreading experience
- Bachelor’s degree
The Venue Report is seeking a freelance writer and contributor. This position will be primarily responsible for writing and crafting content for The Venue Reporter Daily blog.
We are looking for a media wizard with documented professional writing experience. Do your friends think you have a fun, sharp, and witty voice? This may be the perfect position for you. We love a good pun while being able to simultaneously represent The Venue Report brand at all times. This position will be asked to not only complete assignments but to create and pitch content. We want you to be a ‘contributor’ to the team! Your writing style should also be flexible, meaning you are able to write with both a lighthearted, upbeat tone as well as a serious, professional tone based on the type of piece. We are looking for an energetic candidate who stays on top of travel stories, lifestyle trends and popular culture.
- Must have experience writing for an established publication supported with examples of published work.
- Writing skills must be error free/publish ready 100% of the time (sentence structure, spelling, grammar).
- Must have experience with both creative and copy writing.
- SEO experience is preferred.
- Must know how to self manage time and be able to perform under tight deadlines.
Preferably San Diego, California (candidates across the globe are welcome to apply)