SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
*This position requires you to be in our super fun San Diego office M-F
We are looking for a rockstar account manager to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team! We wear a lot of hats, a LOT. Can you multi-task? Do you have stellar organizational skills? Are you known by friends and family to be super dependable and on time? These are just a few of the assets that are needed to be a superstar in this role. We also need you to be good on the phone, comfortable talking to clients, have a sense of urgency and the ability to sell, sell, sell as we scale, scale, scale. This role offers a base salary + commission.
- 3-5 years of related online management experience, agency / media experience required
- SalesForce experience required
- Proficiency with excel or google spreadsheets required
- Previous experience in travel or hospitality a HUGE plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines and details
- Ability to problem solve and communicate with clients to ensure a good experience
- Self-motivated, resourceful, creative, solution-oriented and proactive: you will reach out to the necessary individuals/team to get projects across the finish line
- Confident on phone and comfortable selling/negotiating via phone and emails
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding/knowledge of Google analytics and social tracking
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint/Pages, email and basic communication tools
- Bachelor’s degree
- Provide hands-on management of The Venue Report’s campaigns and programs including planning, fulfillment and reporting
- Successfully project manage while communicating and collaborating with internal teams to ensure timely submission of proposals and deliverables
- Establish regular contact with customers to ensure their needs are met, communicate campaign progress, measure progress and proactively address issues to develop solutions
- Help to develop pre- and post-sale marketing materials including proposals, product offerings, campaign reports and case studies
- Develop and present campaign results to clients and represent client feedback internally to drive opportunities to better align with customer needs across future opportunities
- Monitor and optimize campaigns to ensure retention of all clients
- Upgrade and renew existing campaigns/clients, with a focus on retention and growing business
- Keep track of the lead flow and monthly sales goals
- Make sure all payments are processed and completed by customers, follow up with customers regarding invoices and outstanding payments
- Track and prepare reports surrounding the metrics of the sales department including; monthly sales results, annual forecasts and account status reports
San Diego, California
*This position requires you to be in our super fun office 5 days a week so that means you need to be local to sunny San Diego!
Are you passionate about travel and celebrations? We are looking for an experienced travel agent to join our team as a travel specialist AKA a travel industry aficionado! This role will be responsible for fielding and fulfilling The Venue Report’s incoming accommodation requests from our readers. You will be a liaison, a confidant and best friend to our community of celebrators, travelers and venues. Using your expert knowledge of the travel industry to help our users in the best way possible, you will be speaking regularly with them to help book accommodations for their celebrations and getaways. In this role, you will have a passion for travel, a fantastic knowledge base of the travel industry, excellent writing skills and an outgoing and passionate personality.
- hospitality / travel experience is required
- at least three (3) years of recent experience
- travel planning experience
- group and room block booking experience
- customer service experience
- a self starter. must be able to work independently
- good grammar, spelling and writing skills
- salesforce experience a plus
- hotel GDS experience required
- ability to multi-task
- proficiency with excel, word
- organization skills a must
- field & fulfill accommodation requests
- customer service with a mission to "deliver a fun and friendly experience" to our travelers and celebrators
- coordinating travel arrangements
- calling/emailing leads and tracking your progress in the database and follow up is a must
- speak with hotels & resorts to define group rates
- organize requests and keep track of fulfillment
- communicate, communicate, communicate
San Diego, California
The Venue Report is looking to add to our super-duper fun family with a freelance writer and contributor. This position will be primarily responsible for writing and crafting content for The Venue Reporter Daily blog.
We are looking for a media wizard with documented professional writing experience. Do you friends think you have a fun, sharp, and witty voice? This may be the perfect position for you. We love a good pun while being able to simultaneously represent The Venue Report brand at all times. This position will be asked to not only complete assignments but to create and pitch content. We want you to be a ‘contributor’ to the team! Your writing style should also be flexible, meaning you are able to write with both a silly upbeat tone as well as a professional tone based on the type of piece. We are looking for an energetic candidate who stays on top of travel stories, lifestyle trends and popular culture.
- Writing skills must be error free/publish ready 100% of the time (sentence structure, spelling, grammar).
- Must have some experience with Blog, Magazine or Editorial writing.
- SEO experience is preferred.
- Must know how to self manage time and be able to perform under tight deadlines.
Preferably San Diego, California (candidates across the globe are welcome to apply)