Customer Experience Specialist
Are you excited to make booking online travel a better experience? This role will liaise with product and engineering teams to make the frontend user experience a dream. We are looking for a seasoned customer support specialist to own the end-to-end booking experience for customers on The Venue Report. In addition to improving the product, this role will be responsible for fielding and fulfilling incoming accommodation requests. You will be a liaison, a confidant and best friend to our community of celebrators, travelers and venues. Using your expert knowledge of the travel industry to help our users in the best way possible, you will work with clients to book group accommodations for their celebrations and getaways.
You're a self-starter who isn't afraid to ask questions, and you're organized in a way that never overlooks the details. Additionally, you’re passionate about travel, you have excellent writing skills and customer support is your forte!
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly and top-notch customer service to the community of The Venue Report celebrators and travelers
- Analyze and resolve incoming customer requests for room bookings
- Report product and customer feedback to product and engineering teams
- Analyze room booking data and conversions on a daily basis to understand trends
- Compose helpful and accurate messages or customize prepared responses to customer requests
- Develop and launch scalable policies and processes for supporting our base of celebrators
- Resolve celebrator issues by identifying and escalating issues as needed
- Improve the user experience on the platform by identifying issues in the online user funnel
- BA/BS degree in relevant field
- (3+) years of experience in relevant role
- Hardworking, well-organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Effective written communication skills, including strong spelling and grammar
- Excellent analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Experience tracking and reporting on key performance indicators, data and analytics
- Experience improving product and user experiences
- Passion for the travel and celebration space!
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM tools
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to improve UX/UI design
San Diego, California
The Venue Report is seeking a freelance writer and contributor. This position will be primarily responsible for writing and crafting content for The Venue Reporter Daily blog.
We are looking for a media wizard with documented professional writing experience. Do your friends think you have a fun, sharp, and witty voice? This may be the perfect position for you. We love a good pun while being able to simultaneously represent The Venue Report brand at all times. This position will be asked to not only complete assignments but to create and pitch content. We want you to be a ‘contributor’ to the team! Your writing style should also be flexible, meaning you are able to write with both a lighthearted, upbeat tone as well as a serious, professional tone based on the type of piece. We are looking for an energetic candidate who stays on top of travel stories, lifestyle trends and popular culture.
- Must have experience writing for an established publication supported with examples of published work.
- Writing skills must be error free/publish ready 100% of the time (sentence structure, spelling, grammar).
- Must have experience with both creative and copy writing.
- SEO experience is preferred.
- Must know how to self manage time and be able to perform under tight deadlines.
Preferably San Diego, California (candidates across the globe are welcome to apply)