Located just a couple hours outside NYC in the Catskills, Handsome Hollow is an awesome place to gather with a group and experience the beauty of the countryside. Now offering corporate retreat and event options, you’ll find a massive barn and tons of wide-open space, so you could easily host an event all about adventure and the outdoors, amazing food and wine, yoga and meditation, or just having a team-building activity somewhere totally unexpected and inspiring. The idea is simply to get away from the city life and reset in a countryside setting, with a property that’s tucked away and totally exclusive.
The crew behind Handsome Hollow recently gave us the full scoop on corporate events or retreats and how they structure a day spent on the property, and we love their ideas of incorporating adventures in nature with food, wine and comradery. Follow along as we explore this Catskills stunner.
We've been following Handsome Hollow's since the beginning, why have you decided to start hosting corporate events as well?
Actually, the idea came from some of our guests. Once people come see us and spend time on the property, they see how much there is to do. We have 93 acres, and it's secluded so if you like the outdoors, it's pretty great. But because we originally created the space for weddings, it's a great place for all kinds of groups to gather, the beautiful barn, almost 300 years old and over 2,000SF is perfect for a group dinner or a meeting or a yoga class.
What makes the property great for hosting events of all kinds?
I think it's the opportunity to take the natural beauty and size of both the property of barn, to create any kind of retreat you like. Whether it's all about adventure and the outdoors, amazing food and wine, yoga and meditation, or just having a team-building meeting someplace totally unexpected and inspiring. For groups of up to 150, anything is possible here.
Walk us through what a corporate retreat could look like at Handsome Hollow.
A great day here could look like this:
- An early morning walk through the woods on our 3-mile biking/hiking trails, a yoga class in a clearing surrounded by ferns.
- Breakfast, prepared by one of our farm-to-table caterers served on the bluestone patio overlooking the marsh and beaver ponds.
- Mid-morning meetings take place in the field overlooking big fork mountain or on the barn’s second floor, under the oversized hayloft window.
- An afternoon GPS Adventure Challenge on our 93 acres has everyone using their minds and bodies to solve problems, work as a team, and get inspired.
- Dinner and cocktails take place under the string lights in the field, of under the soaring beams of the barn.
- A bonfire with s’mores finishes the day.
What about accommodations and transportation? What are your top picks?
There are lots of accommodations within 15-20 minutes of us, here are a few of my favorites:
Anything else we HAVE to know about visiting HH for a corporate meeting or retreat?
I think the opportunity to treat Handsome Hollow as your own private, secluded estate, to work, play, explore, eat, bond, discover, and anything else you can imagine, is what makes us unique, and is what makes retreats here really unforgettable.
Photography: Handsome Hollow | Love + Wolves Co. | Jeremy Harris
Planning a corporate event? Check out these 12 Tips to Booking Hotel Room Blocks for Corporate Events.