This venue is VRV (Venue Report Verified), we have personally visited this venue. We are also excited to announce that this long standing venue has a brand new venue space! With Cinco De Mayo around the corner we wanted to share some of our favorite Mexico getaway and venue hotspots that our reporters have been visiting and venturing to this year.
Mexico, the land of afternoon siestas, sombreros, and summer sunshine is known as a spectacular getaway and event destination. Our trips down to Los Cabos are always chock full of salt rimmed margaritas, colorful chaos, culture and an abundance of charm. Flora Farms is one of those places that you will want to forever revisit. We were lucky enough to stumble upon it, and delight in a late night dinner there. It has quickly become one of our new favorite must do's in all of Mexico. This family-owned, 17 acre organic farm is located in the foothills of the Sierra de la Laguna mountain range. Nestled amongst lush gardens, Flora Farms is also host to Flora’s Field kitchen and a number of outdoor private event spaces each offering chances for a unique experience.
Being an event planner, I can give my venue stamp of approval to Flora Farms. The farm is set up so spectacularly for a multitude of events and I love the options and flexibility of being able to choose from so many venue spaces. Hosting both a rehearsal dinner AND wedding here would be a breeze. I am also trying to find a reason to host a birthday party, dinner soiree or some kind of celebration just so I can venture back here immediately.
HOW WILL MY GUESTS GET HERE?: Flora Farms is approximately 40 minutes from the Los Cabos International Airport and a quick 10 minutes from downtown San Jose del Cabo. Map and directions can be found here.
Flora Farms is the perfect venue for small intimate gatherings of 25 guests up to festive large gatherings of 400! The farm sits on 17 acres, thus affords the opportunity to have 10 different venue locations. The possibilities are limitless! You can choose to host your shindig in the private field shed, pergola, expansive lawn areas, amphitheater herb garden or the new Barn. The venue has hosted weddings (large and small), birthday parties, BBQ Hoedowns, art parties, charity events, Hawaiian luaus, Gatsby brunches, Day of the dead parties… the list is endless.
The Venue Breakdown - You can host events in the following spaces at the farm.
- The quaint and private “Field Shed”
- Herb Garden Amphitheater has three tiers and is the perfect space for an evening cocktail party or concert.
- The expansive and amazing Mango Grove includes five additional venue areas including a Celebration Barn!
- Semi-private lawn area adjacent to the restaurant and the terraza area just off of the restaurant. Both give guests room to mingle, but are still close enough to the restaurant to feel part of the mix!
Pillow Talk. Yes, you can also rest your head here. Flora Farms has individually owned cottages onsite (depends on availability) and they are INCREDIBLE. Capital letters incredible. For availability visit Culinary Cottages. Each cottage sleeps approximately 6 guests.
Event Photos Rows 6 - 8 // Ana and Jerome Photography
- birthday party
- charity event
- corporate event
- dinner party
- social event
- wedding ceremony
- wedding reception
There is nothing like the surprise that is Flora Farm. As you wind your way out to the farm most guests are thinking, “what could possibly be out here”? Their arrival marks a moment of magic when they discover that they are being invited into a magical green organic oasis, they continue to discover as the night continues that it is a one of a kind experience from beginning to end.
Ideas. Flora Farms also shared some really magnificent ideas of the types of parties they have thrown in the past. One of their favorites is the Mexican Town themed, three level parties. In this scenario guests arrive to an old fashioned Cantina with music, and wind their way up to the herb garden for street food carts, done flora farm style. On the third level high above the farm, is the tequila bar and cigar roller!
They have also seen the farm convert into Farm carnivals, a Hollywood style wedding, a 007 dinner party, garden movie theater and one of their favorite brides was married on horseback! Additionally, the new Mango Grove Barn is the perfect place for what they call “a farm social!" Start your group at one end of the property with cocktails and music, and move them to the barn for an intimate dinner and then end with dancing under the stars in the new Mango Grove location!
Flora Farms has the feel of a bohemian garden party. It's the perfect mix of Mexican culture, contemporary touches and a true organic garden feel.
1. Color, color, color. We just adore the vibrant colors of Mexico and Flora Farms. Get guests excited with a kaleidoscope of cultural colors. Ceci New York created these stunning Otomi print letterpress invitation. 2. From the Garden. The venue sells some of the produce it grows on the farm in a grocery store on property. Incorporate some of their fruits and veggies into your event. 3. Custom Cactus. Mexico is full of cactus growing everywhere so are a budget-friendly floral alternative. Use them as table numbers or seating assignments (Photo: Katherine O’brien) 4. Mexican Pottery. We love this dinnerware we spotted at a the store, Mexican Pottery Art right next to the event venue. 5. Mexican Art. We have a strong love for the textiles of Mexico. One such textiles are from the state of Chiapas in Southern Mexico is known for its exquisite hand-stitched embroidery. 6. Hola Letterpress Menus. Set the table with letterpress menus that are vibrant and welcoming from Lilco Press.
Best inside scoop activity, Tio Victor and Sonja’s Salsa Cooking Class! Also, arrive to the farm early enough to order a farmarita at the farm bar and walk around the farm for a tour with Marty. Tge homemade ice cream stand is a must after a great farm meal.
Eco Love. You must also know that the farm is constantly working to realize efficiencies between the farm, ranch, restaurant and market. In just one example, they send old flowers out to the chickens who love to peck at the drying seed heads, vegetable trimmings go to the pigs and chickens, and chicken manure comes back to heat up our compost piles!
Should Know Info. No outside alcohol allowed. They will allow wine or champagne with a per bottle corkage fee. Special service and alcohol permits are required beyond 12:00 a.m.
- This is a working farm with organic fruits and veggies. The farm respects the animals, and environment which is a huge plus!
- The design and attention to detail is phenomenal. You can eat at the restaurant, shop for groceries, stay in one of the culinary cottages or drink at the bar!
- There are an abundance of venue options. Choose to host your shindig in a shed, mango grove, restaurant or sprawling lawn!
- There is a new venue space called the Mango Grove.
- The farm can accommodate events both small and large. From gatherings of 25 guests up to festive large gatherings of 400!
- The food is delicious and the farm will recommend a plethora of amazing vendors to help you with your event planning.
If you love the culture of Mexico and want to bring back goodies for your home, the Art walk in downtown San Jose del Cabo on Thursday evening is a must! Thursday nights from November to June 5:00-9:00 PM is a shoppers paradise! photo via (visitmexico.com)
This foodies paradise is located in Hotel Casa Natalia. Chef’s Loic’s classic dishes -- such as Paris on your Plate and Chicken with Chocolate -- have become legendary among his guests. Freshness is the rule. From the catch of the day to locally grown. (Visit : casanatalia.com)
One our favorite things to do in Mexico is shop. Stop by Plaza Artesanos to find vendors selling an array of handcrafted goods that you can incorporate into your event or bring back for you home! You will find ceramics, rugs, hand-embroidered dresses, Mexican blankets and more. The plaza is open from 9 am - 6 pm. (photo via loscabosguide.com)