This venue is VRV (Venue Report Verified), we have personally visited this venue.
Oh magical Maui, how we love your warm tropical climate, balmy breezes, and recognizable smell that hits us every time we disembark off of the plane (if you missed it, also checkout our Reporters on the Road: Maui Field Notes) We always love our reporter field trips to check out venue spaces, but doing it on an island with ocean views from every vantage point is a major bonus.
The natural and pristine beauty of Maui is so spectacular, that we love when venues recognize the importance of being eco-friendly. We were extra excited to uncover a new eco-venue on the island, Ocean Vodka Organic Farm and Distillery,situated on a breathtaking 80-acres on the slopes of Mount Haleakalā. The farm boasts a 22,000 square foot grassy space called "The Point, perfect for the best pau hana sunset parties in Maui! Not only do we love the sustainable ethos of the farm, but they also produce organic vodka made from sugar cane! (Disclaimer: Vodka is the alcohol of choice for many of our reporters.) This state-of-the-art Ocean Vodka Organic Farm and Distillery utilizes solar panels to power 100% of the operations of the distillery and the sugar cane is organically farmed on the rich, volcanic soils to create the vodka. SIP SIP HOORAY!
The Experience: Driving down the winding dirt road you can see the picturesque farm perched on a hill at the end of the road. Roaming chickens and roosters seal the deal as they weave in and out of the sugar cane fields and passion fruit vines. We were greeted by a smiling Shonna, who is a local that was born and raised on the island. She emitted an immediate warmth and had so much pride about the vodka operations, venue space and the family who runs the farm. She excitedly told us that the family has planted every single sugar cane and built the farm by hand!
HOW WILL MY GUESTS GET HERE?: It is easily reached from Maui’s international Kahului Airport as well as the island’s world-famous resorts.
Ocean Vodka Organic Farm & Distillerycaptures panoramic views of both the north and south shores of Maui. The main venue space is called "The Point", and can be used for a wide array of events- weddings, business events, social gatherings, community dinners…. the list goes on!
The whole experience of driving up the windy drive, walking past the herb garden, barn, and sugar cane fields to arrive at the grassy knoll, "The Point" is such a great flow for an event. When you reach "The Point" it is truly a lookout point (hence the venue name), with breathtaking views of Maui landscapes, mountains and shorelines. This venue space is spectacular with the piercing blue ocean peeking over the sugar cane and endless views to scenic sunsets. The venue also has 8 picnic tables that you are free to utilize at your event. One of the elements that stood out to us reporters was the fact that you can have a rustic farm wedding WITH ocean views, a hard combination to come by!
There is an additional lawn available for wedding ceremonies next to the barn and Martini Garden. It is available for the same rental price as The Point because tours would need to be stopped during that portion of the ceremony. Alcohol cannot be consumed on this lawn, alcohol can only be officially consumed at parties on The Point.
Capacity: 1000 seated, 1600 for reception.
Reporter Info: For private events on The Point you can serve alcohol and host a full bar. If your event is a charged/ticketed event a liquor license is required.
The organic Ocean Vodka is made onsite and tours can be arranged for those that wish to take one, included with event. Your guests will be able to sample the organic sugar cane vodka on property on the tour. We don't know of many ocean view venues that also produce their own organic vodka! There is also a beautiful Herb Martini Garden next to the barn with different fruits and herbs that can go into a martini. The Martini Garden was designed for martini lovers and highlights fresh, local ingredients such as Kula lavender, local citrus, passion fruit, pineapple an strawberries and lavender.
REPORTER TIP: You must include a martini bar at your event and offer an array of herbs for your guests to select from for their own vodka martinis!
This rustic farm venue is so unique with it's eco-friendly practices, farm setting, and tropical ocean views. This flawless combo can be implemented into your event.
1. Rooster Invites: With all of the roaming roosters on the farm, they must be included in your event invitations. We love the red, oatmeal and ivory color palette mixed with the printed handkerchief . (Via Oh So Beautiful Paper) 2. Picnic Baskets: The casual setting of the venue and picnic tables scattered around the property call for a picnic lunch or dinner event. Create tropical food boxes for your guests. (Via Green Wedding Shoes) 3. Sugar Cane + Vodka Poptails: The perpetual sun of Maui calls for refreshing poptails made with the delicious organic Ocean Vodka created on the farm! (Recipe via Yummly) 4. Monkey Pod Pineapples: These beauties can be found in stores throughout the island for around $6.00. Use them as vases or plates. 5. Rustic Cake: The simplicity of this pink sherbert cake, the color of a sunset is perfect for the rustic tropical setting. (Via Once Wed) 7. Woody + Surfboard Unite: With surfboards propped around the property you should incorporate your own board into the event and use them as the seating chart. Arrive or depart in style with an old-fashioned Woody. (Via Hub Garage)
Inside ScoopIt will be hard to catch a better sunset on Maui than when you are perfectly perched on the slopes of Mount Haleakalā. With such vast views to the left and right of both shores of Maui, you will see the sunset from an incredible vantage point. In other news, Ocean Vodka was recently acknowledged as gluten-free. It is certified 100% USDA organic and is the only vodka in the world distilled from organic sugar cane. Handcrafted on the beautiful island of Maui, Ocean Vodka is the only spirit in the world made with deep ocean mineral water!!
- Family owned farm. Everything has been hand built and planted by the family including the barn and each sugar cane plant.
- The farm is eco-friendly and produces their own famous vodka made from sugar cane!!
- "The point" is a stunning venue space with incredible views of Maui sunsets and shorelines.
- You can have a rustic farm wedding WITH ocean views!
- 8 picnic tables that you are free to utilize at your event.
- Onsite tours can be arranged for your guests AND they can sample vodka on the tour.
- Your event will help support a family owned & operated business!
A new Hawaiian cowboy themed event will be offered at the scenic Mendes Ranch at Kahakuloa – the Hawaiian Cowboy BBQ! Every Friday until Sept of each year you can enjoy a petting zoo, rodeo show style roping, hay ride to ocean, horse shoe throwing, BBQ, marshmallow roasting, Hawaii country music, Hawaiian BBQ and line dancing (mendesranch.com)
The Paia Fish Market was started in 1989 and is legendary for its reasonably priced, excellent quality, large portioned plates of seafood. They also server chicken as well as beef from the Maui Cattle Company. There can be really long lines but that only means it's "worth the wait". You must try their famous fish burger! (paiafishmarket.com)
Support the locals & bring back souvenirs from Maui Crafts Guild, the only artist owned cooperative gallery on Maui. It features 100% locally hand-crafted art & is in a charming bright yellow plantation house right next to the highway. The guild is a collective of ceramists, woodworkers, print-makers, jewelers, textile artists, photographers, glass artists, basket weavers & more. (mauicraftsguild.com)
VENUE:Ocean Vodka Organic Farm & Distillery ; PHOTOS Rows 1 - 3 (The Venue Report) ; PHOTOS Rows 5 - 6 (Courtesy of Ocean Vodka)