Ditch the Mix: 4 Simple Ways to Make Fresh & Delicious Margaritas
Warm weather is upon and with it, margarita season. Whether you're a margarita maven or just getting started, we're breaking down the basics as well as how to take it to the next level. From making big batches of party-ready watermelon margaritas to smoky mezcal varieties, consider this your margarita map, sugar and spice included. And don't worry, there's no pre-made marg mix in sight.
Whether you're hosting a backyard gathering or simply enjoying a summer Friday, these four recipes are the easiest and freshest ways to make up a margarita.
Reporter: Heather Ash
• 1.5 oz Patrón Silver
• 1 oz Patrón Citrónge Orange
• 1 oz fresh lime juice
• Salt for rim
Add all ingredients to a shaker to combine. Serve over ice with salt on the rim!
Make it Your Own
• Add some sweetness with mango puree
• Make it spicy with chopped jalapeno
• Top it off with Prosecco for bubbles
• Garnish with fresh fruit (strawberry, mango) or herbs (mint, rosemary)
Adapted from this recipe found on Bon Appétit.
• 3 oz fresh watermelon juice (store bought or 1 baby watermelon, cubed and blended)
• 2 oz blanco tequila
• Trader Joe's chili lime seasoning for rim
• Optional: add chopped jalapeno to make it spicy
Add all ingredients to a shaker to combine. Serve over ice with a squeeze of lime to taste + chili lime salt on rim.