Yesterday we shared Ibérica Canary Wharf, and it's only fair that we alsospotlight it's sister restaurant Ibérica Marylebone. We can't play favorites over here because Marleybone is just as incredible for parties and celebrations. Ibérica Marylebone offers the best in Spanish cuisine with seasonal gastronomic tapas and a selection of artisan produce and wines, some of which are unique to the British market, available from the Ibérica Delicatessen that is adjacent to the restaurant. This is the flagship restaurant and enjoys a central London location on Great Portland Street, Marleybone.
THE DISH: There is a variety of over forty hot and cold tapas served here. Set in a relaxed yet dynamic atmosphere, simple cold dishes from Spanish cheeses to embutidos (charcuterie) sit alongside classic pinchos (traditional Spanish appetiser), salads, bespoke tortillas and seafood. The menu has been created to offer guests a culinary contrast between both regional variations and the modern adaptations of traditional Spanish cuisine with a focus on Asturian specialities.
With its floor to ceiling windows, Ibérica Marylebone is flooded with natural light throughout the day. The main ground floor restaurant features a 15-metre statement bar where guests can enjoy a selection of Ibérica’s Spanish wines, sherries and beers.
The main restaurant area offers dining space at the tables or the tapas bar and larger parties of up to 18 people can be seated in the 'Delicatessen' area surrounded by some of the finest wines and luxury foods from Spain. The mezzanine floor holds both private and semi-private areas for those who wish for a more private dining experience.
PRIVATE DINING: The private dining room, Caleya sits on the mezzanine floor and offers an intimate celebratory venue space with natural daylight. This area is flexible and ideal for bridal showers, dinner parties, corporate events/meetings, canape or cocktail parties, wine tastings and more. Caleya can accommodate: 30 guests for a seated dinner, 40 guests on separate tables and 55 guests for a cocktail paraty.
COCKTAILS & CANAPES: The Vino y Artes venue space overlooks the bustling restaurant below and offers the ideal space for entertaining in a semi-private area. This venue is ideal for an energetic evening of Spanish cocktails, wines and canapes for up to 35 guests.
EXCLUSIVE EVENTS: Are you hosting a large party or wedding? If so, then Ibérica Marylebone will let you take over the restaurant because it is available for exclusive hire. The menus can be exclusively tailored to your event and live music and dj's can be arranged. The venue can accommodate: 160 guests for a canape reception and 100 guests for a seated dinner.
- birthday party
- bridal shower
- dinner party
- holiday party
- social event
- wedding reception
Ibérica has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes by the AA guide. Similar to it's sister restaurant Ibérica Canary Wharf,the private dining prices are very reasonable ranging from 18 EURO pp for a canapes menu to 45 EURO pp for a seated dinner. You can also work with the culinary team at the venue to create your own one-of-a-kind personalized menu.
To further the Spanish street-like atmosphere there is the Ibérica Delicatessen in the restaurant. The Ibérica Delicatessen serves the freshest and highest quality Spanish fare to- go, which would make great favors for guests post partying.
The Delicatessen has an impressive range of prestigious Spanish products, including delicate olive oils, preserved fish and vegetables and one of the finest selections of Spanish cheese and cured meats available in the UK. The product range reflects some serious legwork, with a staggering eight years of research going into sourcing the best Spanish produce. Delivered directly from producers in Spain, make your next lunch to go with Ibérica for a mean Jamón et Manchego bocadillo.
1. CHEESE-TO-GO FAVORS: The Delicatessen in the restaurant has many gourmet food items. A Venue Report favorite would have to be the cheese selection. Due to Spain’s diverse climate, it produces over 100 different varieties of cheese. Take a look at theirRecipe Club to discover recipes that use cheese from the Ibérica Delicatessen. You can type these out and print them to give guests with your cheese favors! 2.HEXAGONAL TERRARIUMS: We love the hexagonal shapes of the striking lighting fixtures in the restaurant. This element is a must for your tabletop as well. To recreate this look on the dining table get these hexagonal terrariums and simply fill them with a succluent, air plant or soft bloom. 3. BULL PLACECARDS: Bull's are a large part of Spain's history and the decor of the restaurant. These bull placecardsare not only a creative way to point guests to their chairs but budget-friendly at about $1 ea!
- The decor in this venue is so striking you will not need to add much to your event
- The standard chairs used for dining are a mixture of leather and contemporary designs (this means no event rentals!)
- Options - you can host small intimate bridal showers and dinner parties in the private dining room, and large parties like corporate events & weddings by renting out the entire restaurant venue!
- The delicatessen attached to the restaurant provides the perfect gourmet take home favors to give to your guests.
- The venue is located in Marleybone, a fashionable area in London since the 17th century.
Stop by the famous florist to the stars and uber influential Jane Packer to pick up flowers for your shindig! This well known florist has a brick and mortar shop in Marleybone and even offers same day deliveries. Secret Sidenote: We at The Venue Report own the Jane Packer Guide to Flower Arranging book. Yep, we are fans!
For you literary lovers, you cannot pass up stopping by famous Daunt Books in Marleybone. Daunt Books is an original Edwardian bookshop with long oak galleries and graceful skylights situated in Marylebone High Street, London. We also have shops in Chelsea, Holland Park, Cheapside, Hampstead and Belsize Park.
In Vogue's secret address book from 2008, the Cabbages & Frocks market has successfully created a following in Marylebone village. The market has been created by the organisers of the popular London Fashion Designer Sales. Enjoy cappuccinos & cupcakes while shopping for organic British goodies alongside fashion.
PHOTOS VIA IBERICA MARLEYBONE & ANA GARCIA