Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards
5022 Plank Road, North Garden, Virginia
The beauty of Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyards is not as obvious as it may first appear. Yes, there are rolling fields with mountain peaks, vineyards, a tasting room to swirl fine wines and a beautiful barn in the most perfect pale blue that it almost blends into the sky. What really sets this venue apart? It is owned by Lynn Easton. Lynn is the wedding and event planning genius behind Easton Events, the restaurateur behind Cannon Green and the boutique hotel owner of Zero George Street just to name a few. Her hospitality resume is quite lengthy and her event planning career is just as solid.
Lynn and her team understand events. They understand them inside and out and backwards and forwards. Whether you are a bride, a groom a parent, a vendor or just someone who wants to host one heck of a holiday party, they get it. The team at Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyards are well versed in all things celebratory and they embrace the elements. They love all seasons and particularly don’t shy away from winter. In fact, it has become one of their favorite seasons. Why you ask? Well read on and look at these glorious Winter Wonderland photos from a recent wedding that they both designed and hosted at Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyards.
The Real Winter Wedding of Meredith and William
Meredith and William chose to have a Winter wedding at Pippin Hill Farm, and hired Lynn and her Easton Events team to design it. When the wedding week arrived, there was a snow storm threatning to blow in, but that was no worry for the venue or the planners. They have plans A, B, C and D ready to go!
Meredith got ready with her beautiful bridesmaids in the stunning suite at the venue. Natural light with whitewashed furnishings made for spectacular bridal portraits. The venue has rolling vistas for outdoor photo-ops as well as covered awnings for guests to lounge on chairs and chat. Meredith and her maids dressed in their gorgeous winter attire and danced the night away in the big beautiful barn. Guests noshed on a delightful meal with wine from the vineyards and ended the beautiful night with carrot cake and a sparkler send off.
Easton Events and Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyardswalk us through Meredith and Williams wedding as they tell us why Winter is one of their favorite months for weddings:
With 12 months to choose from, we’re not quite sure why May and June remain the most popular months to marry. That old wedding standby, “tradition,” must have a lot to do with it, especially when you consider the many benefits of a cozy “off-season” fete. Here are five reasons why we at Easton Events have come to love, maybe even prefer, a winter wedding.
1. Don’t Just Say “I Do,” Say “When”: You’ve most likely spent years finding the right spouse, and plenty of time finding the perfect venue. So why settle for a wedding date that fits someone’s calendar? Premium spring and fall dates often are booked up to 18 months in advance, but a winter weekend means you have a much better chance of getting a “yes” for your first choice date.
2. Invest in Your Future
The special package rates that most wedding and event venues offer during the winter mean you’ll save money. This could translate into having more of your wedding budget to spend on, say, that honeymoon upgrade, or a first house down payment, or maybe give yourselves an enduring wedding gift with a little IRA investment, so you’ll have funds for celebrating your Golden Anniversary. Can you tell we love planning ahead?
3. Pick of the Litter Wedding venues aren’t the only thing to book up quickly in the spring and fall; vendors do too. Photographers, designers, caterers, florists, musicians or bands—if you want your first pick of all the pros who are integral to making your perfect day, then aim for their most available season—winter. A time when their rates are likely a little lower as well.
4. Think Snow Globe (and No Bugs) A winter wedding can be truly magical! There’s a reason “Doctor Zhivago” is one of the top romantic films of all time – those idyllic snow scenes. Nothing says romance like a snow-dusted backdrop to your special day. And nothing says love and warmth like a cozy fire or outdoor firepit at the reception. Crisp weather draws people together, plus, you won’t have to worry about swatting flies or humidity ruining your hair.
5. Fashion’s Favorite Months: A winter wedding lets you pull out all the stops: stunning lace sleeves; long evening dresses for bridesmaids; fur and velvety accents; white on white glamour; elegant candlelight; warm, decadent colors for table or bridal party; holiday motifs if you like; beloved foods and flavors and even music of the holiday….
6. Decor With all this and more, we love winter’s bounty of inspired décor options.
The Winter months make sparkler send offs even more magical, don't you agree?!
See more tips from Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyards on THE FIVE QUESTIONS YOU MUST ASK YOUR WINTER WEDDING VENUE!!
Event Production + Design: Easton Events | Venue: Pippin Hill | Photography: Elisa Bricker | Floral Design: Beehive Events
MEET THE CORRESPONDENT
Easton Events is an award-winning wedding and social events planning company founded in 1998. With offices in Charlottesville, Virginia and Charleston, South Carolina, Easton Events is dedicated to crafting refined, elegant and truly memorable weddings, private events and corporate events for both domestic and international clientele. - Website