As the leaves turn their autumnal shades of gold and peach, we’re quick to embrace the cozy sweater season, kick back by the fire and call a few friends to come on by for a hang session. Rather than settling into the expected glass of red wine, we’re all about fun, festive cocktails, and this year, we’ve got a couple of recipes that’ll embrace that spirit and allow you to be a little philanthropic too.
Up for something fresh and fruity? Check out the pear and sparkling cider cocktail. Prefer the warmth of a spicy concoction? Opt for the cinnamon orange sparkling cocktail. Both recipes below call for a bottle of ONEHOPE sparkling wine, which supports funding for meals for children in need. So, you can toast to hope, happiness and health throughout the holiday season, knowing some sweet kid somewhere is reaping the benefits.
Pear and Sparkling Cider Cocktail
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total: 10 minutes | Serves: 8 people
- 2 cups chilled pear nectar
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups ONEHOPE Sparkling Wine
- 4 ounces bourbon whiskey (we used Knob Creek)
- 1 pear, unpeeled and cored cut into thin slices lengthwise
- 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cinnamon mixed for rimming
1. Rim champagne coups with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
2. Combine pear nectar, apple cider, Sparkling wine and whiskey in a pitcher and serve immediately.
3. Garnish with sliced pear.
Recipe adapted from here.
Cinnamon Orange Sparkling Cocktail
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total: 2 hours | Serves: 8 people
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 (750 ml) ONEHOPE Cabernet
- 1 (750 ml) ONEHOPE Sparkling Wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 10 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 2 oranges peeled for garnish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine the cider, wine, honey, orange juice, zest, 2 cinnamon sticks, cloves and star anise in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and transfer to the refrigerator to cool (about 90 minutes).
4. Rim champagne flutes with cinnamon orange rimming sugar mixture (directions below).
5. Fill glasses 1/3 with chilled mulled wine and top with Sparkling.
6. Garnish with orange peel and cinnamon stick.
7. Store any leftover mulled wine in the refrigerator for up to two weeks and enjoy throughout the holiday season! Cheers!
Directions (for rimming sugar):
1. Combine sugar, ground cinnamon and small orange peel in food processor.
2. Blend until sugar is an even consistency (pieces or orange rind should be tiny)."
Order your ONEHOPE Wine →